ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites and aircraft platforms to detect underground soil moisture, with applications for water utility and transportation infrastructures, as well as the property management industry. Come work at a place with true impact on the lives of millions.
The ASTERRA R&D department is seeking a highly capable, independent, and experienced software developer to lead a team of skillful developers. The selected applicant will have the opportunity to make an impact in developing ASTERRA’s future developments and execute the company strategies.
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers both professionally and personally.
- Conducting code reviews, designing development plans and coding workplans including gantts.
- Manage both backend and frontend development.
- Support the company Image processing/AI algorithmic development tasks.
- Take an active part in all development phases, including research, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Work with UX and visual design and product teams.
- You will be expected to take an initiative approach to improve code, tools, and processes. Be open-minded to walk in a different path and to deliver while maintaining high-quality solutions quickly.
- Work in a very fast development environment.
- 3+ years of development experience with excellent software engineering skills
- 2+ years of proven programming skills with Python.
- An autodidact fast learner, self-starter, broad-minded with a “can do” approach.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. The ability both to lead employees in a communicative manner and to work with them as part of the same
- Experience in code review.
- Coding experience in Github environment.
- High English proficiency (writing, speaking & reading)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences/software engineering/Industrial Engineering/Information systems
- Experience with AWS/AZURE cloud environment.
- Additional programming languages: C, C++, Java, Go.
- Experience with GIS, Geospatial DB (PostGIS)