ASTERRA is a successful earth observation start-up company specializing in SAR analytics. ASTERRA has developed unique cutting-edge technological solutions exploiting radar satellite imagery for different industries and infrastructures.
The SDR will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives and is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound calling, presentation, and face-to-face meetings. Proposal development and solution consulting will also be part of the SDR day-to-day responsibilities. The right candidate will lead aggressive networking and marketing of ASTERRA solutions to industrial level clients, reporting to the North America sales manager.
The candidate works well under pressure, thinks outside the box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects. Participating in monthly quota.
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts: Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest. Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application (Zoho).
- Advance sales cycle from early engagement stages to closing deals.
- Perform effective online demos to prospective customers.
- Travel within sales territory when needed for a face-to-face presentation, to advance the sales cycle.
- Travel to conferences and networking meetings within sales territory.
- Manage RFP / Bid process
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approaches.
- Proven inside sales experience; “cold calling”.
- Knowledge in government contracts and public market procurement cycle – a plus.
- Technical aptitude and presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence.
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of over-achieving quotas.
- Proficient with web presentation tools.
- Experience working with a CRM (or ability to learn).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Hands-on state of mind – a must!
- Sense of ownership and leadership skills
- Spanish speaker, a plus.