ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. Come work at a place with true impact on the lives of millions. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites or aircraft platforms to detect soil moisture underground with applications for infrastructure in the markets of water utilities, transportation, and property management.
The ASTERRA R&D department is seeking a resourceful and independent engineer with high motivation to work as part of our Data Science team. The selected applicant will have the opportunity to make an impact using ASTERRA’s data on the company AI development and contribution to global sustainable development goals.
What does the Sales Development Representative do?
The SDR will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives and is tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound calling, presentation, and face-to-face meetings. Proposal development and solution consulting will also be part of the SDR day-to-day responsibilities. The right candidate will lead aggressive networking and marketing of Utilis solutions to industrial level clients, reporting to the North America sales manager.
The candidate works well under pressure, thinks outside the box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way phone conversations with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects. Participating in monthly quota.
- Create target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts: Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest. Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application (Zoho).
- Advance sales cycle from early engagement stages to closing deals.
- Perform effective online demos to prospective customers.
- Travel within sales territory when needed for a face-to-face presentation, to advance the sales cycle.
- Travel to conferences and networking meetings within sales territory.
- Manage RFP / Bid process
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approaches.
- Proven sales experience
- Knowledge in government contracts and public market procurement cycle – a plus.
- Technical aptitude and presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence.
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of over-achieving quotas.
- Proficient with web presentation tools.
- Experience working with a CRM (or ability to learn).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.