ASTERRA is a successful earth observation start-up company specializing in SAR analytics. ASTERRA has developed unique cutting-edge technological solutions exploiting radar satellite imagery for different industries and infrastructures.
We are looking for an experienced and organized Office Administrator to assist our Executive Vice President with a variety of HR/bookkeeping/operations tasks and support our employees at ASTERRA’s USA headquarters. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to multitask, prioritize and have previous admin and bookkeeping experience. As a part-time position, you will be expected to be in the office 3 days a week.
- Assist the E.V.P. with daily operational duties and complete a broad variety of tasks: Manage an active calendar of appointments, complete reports, compose and prepare correspondence, arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas and compile documents for meetings.
- Finance: Capable of supporting bookkeeping activities (payables/receivables), expense reporting (Expensify) and updating P&L (will be developed internally).
- Human Resources: Provide administrative HR support including coordinating with ADP (service provider) on HR items (hiring, onboarding, healthcare, employee manual, etc.), assist with planning and coordinating of happy hours and special office events, maintain and update employee files and records.
- Office Management: Supervise the cleanliness and maintenance of office areas, equipment, and facilities, tracking and purchasing of office supplies and equipment, serve as a point of contact for employees regarding various office-related needs and questions.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably HR and/or Accounting based)
- Executive admin experience
- Bookkeeping experience (payables/receivables management, payroll)
- Excellent task management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- System savvy – QuickBooks, Excel, PowerPoint, Work
- 5+ years of experience
- Available for part-time position ~20 hours a week – 3 days per week at our office in San Diego.
- Interest in national and global issues (including water resiliency).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion on HR topics.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people and cultures internationally.
- Meticulous eye for detail, accurate and precise, quick thinker/learner with a “can do” mentality who will handle assignments, tasks, and projects with initiative and a positive attitude.
- Personable, high energy, dynamic.