ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. This role offers an opportunity to come and work with technology that can positively impact the lives of millions. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites or aircraft platforms to detect soil moisture underground with applications for infrastructure in the markets of water utilities, transportation, and property management. As the GIS Analyst for the UK business, you will actively support our efforts in executing and monitoring projects across the U.K. and Ireland.
This is a unique opportunity to use your data-science and team building skills to create a positive impact in the world. As our GIS Analyst, you will contribute to the analytical work on a unique dataset generated by earth observation satellites and help our clients around the world to identify precious water loss and dangerous water accumulation around critical infrastructure. If you are up to the challenge, we are looking for someone just like you!
- Actively working with sales and customer success to support the execution of projects utilising Asterra’s innovative technology.
- Support the identification and verification of areas of interest, image acquisition, quality control, data management and field work through verifying acquired data on site.
- Assist in customer satisfaction activities to achieve target success rates and annual contract renewals for the UK market.
- Assist in field work and the development of projects, including best practices refinement, QA & QC, supporting the onboarding of new clients, R&D, project execution and creating project reports
- Proficient in GIS programs and handling large datasets, integrating technology into a standard workflow where innovation is a key enabler in market development, an early to mid-level professional, and prepared to work independently on impactful industrial sized projects.
- Preferred minimum of 2-5 years of experience in similar position, educational experience, or technology training.
- GIS skills are mandatory.
- You must have extensive experience with ESRI (QGIS, Citiworks is a plus).
- Experience with MySQL, Python, R is a must.
- Ability to build and maintain web applications is must.
- Detail focus to accurately monitor and manage database with data collected by field personnel.
- Ability to capture field observations and provide assessments via written engineering reports.
- Although not essential, an awareness of various leak detection technologies (listening sticks, ground mics, and various correlator technologies) would be an advantage.
- Ability to travel extensively within designated region to pursue the completion of Asterra’s projects.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong leadership skills with ability to independently problem solve.
- Technological aptitude in a mature business where innovation is both desired and resisted.
- Attention to detail and pride in a job done well.
- Goal and career oriented.
- A must is to have clear data collection, report building, presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully interact with different types of customers.
- Define work plans and set goals (aggressive and reachable).
- Willing and able to perform duties in outdoor weather conditions, daily fieldwork that may include standing and walking.