ASTERRA is a successful Earth observation company specializing in SAR analytics and innovative technological solutions. ASTERRA’s SaaS platform provides satellite-based infrastructure intelligence to a wide range of industries. Through AI technology and geospatial expertise, ASTERRA delivers advanced monitoring solutions that empower organizations to make informed decisions and drive positive impact.
ASTERRA’S R&D department is seeking a highly motivated, responsible, curious, innovative individual, willing to solve complex problems. The selected applicant will be a part of ASTERRA’s RSA (Remote Sensing Application) team.
- Contribute to the development of geospatial tools and applications.
- Thoroughly analyze geospatial data sets
- Support ongoing R&D projects and participate in cutting-edge remote sensing research
- Potential for fieldwork involvement
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, both internal and external to the R&D department
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Geography/Geology/Geophysics/Geoinformatics or other related fields
- High proficiency with advanced geospatial analysis methods and concepts related to remote sensing
- Proven experience with Python
- Proven experience with geospatial libraries (GDAL, GeoPandas, PyGMT, etc.)
- Solid mathematical background and a good grasp of geometrical\spatial features
- Experienced with GIS Software (ARCGIS, ArcGIS Pro, QGIS etc..) technologies and advanced spatial analysis
- Master’s or PhD Degree
- Experience with Git\GitHub and equivalent
- Experience with SQL & Geospatial DB’s
- Background knowledge and experience with Microwaves/SAR technologies
- Additional knowledge in Geomorphology/Hydrology/Soil/Image processing
- Strong teamwork abilities and communication skills, enabling effective collaboration within the RSA team
- Independent thinker and problem solver
- High proficiency in English