ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites and aircraft platforms to detect underground soil moisture, with applications for water utility and transportation infrastructures, as well as the property management industry. Come work at a place with true impact on the lives of millions.
The ASTERRA R&D department is seeking a resourceful and independent engineer highly motivated to work as part of our group. The selected applicant will have the opportunity to support ASTERRA’s technological growth, and to work with a variety of tools and environments.
- Seniorty level: medium (3-5 years experince)
- Manage, operate & automate cloud infrastructures and services.
- Deploy the company’s cloud-based solutions, updates, and fixes, and provide technical support.
- Streamline and innovate our build and CI/CD operations.
- Manage our software development platforms.
- Optimize the costs of our cloud infrastructure and services.
- Manage & optimize cyber-security for cloud services.
- Full lifecycle responsibility for Build and Release Engineering pipelines (including data processing, software build, model training, testing, deployment, and inference).
- Full lifecycle responsibility for modular, reusable, scalable environments (software development, software build, model training, testing, and production).
- Collaboratively solve complex problems in each of the environments.
- Work closely with our Deep Learning developers, Algorithm developers, and software developers.
- At least 3 years as a DevOps engineer.
- At least 1 year MLOps experience.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker & Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience scripting in Python and Linux shell.
- Proven strong experience with AWS (IAM, VPC, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, S3, EC2, RDS, cost optimization etc.).
- Experience with Configuration Management using Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools, such as Salt/Ansible/Chef/Puppet etc.
- Operate web-hooks and RESTful APIs.
- Great interpersonal skills, flexible, dynamic, communicative with a “Can Do” personality in a startup mentality.
- Experience in GitHub administration & workflows
- AWS certification would make an advantage.
- DBA experience including PostgreSQLSoftware Engineering experience.
- Experience with MLOps technologies such as TFX, MLFlow, Pachyderm, PySpark, Airflow, and/or Dask.
- Experience with geographical imagery and GIS data including geospatial DB’s.