Data Scientist Job Description
ASTERRA is a successful earth observation start-up company specializing in SAR analytics. ASTERRA has developed unique cutting-edge technological solutions exploiting radar satellite imagery for different industries and infrastructures.
The ASTERRA R&D department is seeking a highly capable and independent data scientist motivated to tackle hard problems as part of our Data Science team. The selected applicant will have the opportunity to make an impact using ASTERRA’s data on the company AI strategy and implementation, and a contribution to global sustainable development goals.
- Keep current of the State-of-the-Art in Machine Learning research and its application to SAR imagery.
- Contribute to all aspects of utilization of SAR imagery: Acquisition, pre-processing and transformation, sensor fusion, classification and detection, segmentation, anomaly and change detection, and so on.
- Take full-lifecycle ownership of Machine Learning solutions as part of our breakthrough products and product development squads.
- Strengthen our Machine Learning practice, continuously learn and share knowledge with your peers.
- Grow the impact that we bring in the various industries in which we operate, contributing to the scientific community.
- 2 years industry experience in deep learning for computer vision applications.
- Experience in Python programming and SQL scripting.
- Experience working with developer tools such as Git and Docker.
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced academic degree in a relevant field in the sciences or engineering.
- Experience conducting applied research.
- Experience working with Machine Learning across different fields.
- Experience working with multidimensional imagery.
- Experience working with geospatial libraries and databases.
- Experience working on cloud computing.
- Open-source contributions demonstrating the above