Business Development Sales Manager
ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites and aircraft platforms to detect underground soil moisture, with applications for water utility and transportation infrastructures, as well as the property management industry. Come work at a place with a true impact on the lives of millions.
Join our earth observation team, focusing on the entire portfolio of products supporting infrastructure condition assessments and sub-terranean soil moisture monitoring across public and private utilities in North America, and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. The role will focus specifically on subterranean earth monitoring of roads, highways, rail, earthen dams, levees, mines, and property management in the North American markets.
As the new product Business Development Sales Manager in North America, you will actively manage and grow the new and soon-to-be-launched products managing infrastructure at the utility level, corporate businesses, and as well, executed by AEC firms within North America. ASTERRA’s unique technology allows for the identification of subterranean soil moisture via satellite imaging technology (specifically Synthetic Aperture Radar, SAR). This provides a tool in system condition assessments, and earth observation and monitoring services. You must be experienced in managing new applications as a lead in understanding markets, adoption of technology, and sales.
You should have extensive experience in supporting new applications in new markets while working in new market sectors with AEC / Consulting Engineering companies including direct responsibilities in managing and directing sales activities to achieve set sales and profit goals for North America. You will lead aggressive networking and marketing of ASTERRA’s solutions to industrial-level clients reporting to the Executive Vice President with the support of the ASTERRA product and marketing teams, as well as work with designated partners within your region. These partners will include direct sales as well as consulting engineering firms and sectors where subterranean soil moisture maps are innovative approaches to engineering challenges and problem-solving. Leading business and client development tasks, including sales meetings and presentations, proposal development, and solution consulting will also be part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
You should be an experienced sales professional, prepared to work independently on vast and impactful industrial-sized water leak remediation projects. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you.
Location is San Diego, CA USA – preferred, working remotely, an option.
The desired qualifications for this position are:
- Degree in Business Management and\or relevant Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position/ sales
- Commercial client contacts in the designated regions (East/West) within North America.
- Ability to travel extensively within the designated regions in order to pursue the development of ASTERRA.
The successful candidate will possess these skills:
- Goal setter and a goal achiever.
- Experience and knowledge as a new business development manager working with AEC / Consulting Engineering firms.
- Survey and recommend application needs while influencing product development.
- Technical aptitude and presentation skills.
- Cross-functional understanding and capability (R&D, sales, marketing, finance, operations)
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully interact with different types of customers.
- Capability to work independently.
- Ability to define work plans and set sales targets (aggressive but reachable).
- Understanding of industrial-level water loss challenges is a bonus.