ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites and aircraft platforms to detect underground soil moisture, with applications for water utility and transportation infrastructures, as well as the property management industry. Come work at a place with a true impact on the lives of millions.
The ASTERRA Sales department in San Diego seeks a highly motived, responsible Director of Sales to join our team to manage the Americas Sales team.
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Director to lead our Americas sales team. The successful candidate will oversee all sales manager and SDRs group activities, and will be responsible to develop key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans. The Sales Director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships, and understanding customer trends while enabling each sales team member to achieve their goals.
You should be an experienced sales manager, prepared to lead a highly motivated team on vast and impactful large sized water projects, serving both the public and the private sectors.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in sales
- Experience managing team of Sales Managers and SDRs
- Proven sales director experience, meeting, or exceeding targets
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Degree in Business Management and\or relevant Sales experience
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets
- SaaS experience preferred
- Manager, team leader, team player
- Solution / High tech sales experience
- Technical aptitude and presentation skills
- Cross-functional understanding and capable (R&D, sales, marketing, finance, operations)
- Experience working with the Public Sector, a plus
- Water / Wastewater market knowledge or experience is a plus