ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. Come work at a place with true impact on the lives of millions. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites or aircraft platforms to detect soil moisture underground with applications for infrastructure in the markets of water utilities, transportation, and property management.
Asterra R&D department seeks for a highly motivated, responsible, curious individual who is willing to solve complex problem for the Remote Sensing research Analyst position. Among the position responsibilities the applicant will support ongoing R&D projects & participate in cutting edge remote sensing research. The selected applicant will be a part of Asterra innovation team leading the company data flows and analysis.
- Thesis master’s degree in Geography/Geology/Geophysics or similar geo sciences.
- Proven background and experience with advance GIS (ARCGIS, QGIS) technologies.
- Python programming experience (or equivalent similar languages).
- High English proficiency (writing, speaking & reading).
- Independent thinker & problem solver in a team environment with a strong communication skill.
- Proven strong background and experience in Remote sensing (ERDAS, ENVI, GDAL).
- Proven SQL experience & experience in Geospatial DB’s.
- Experience in raster analysis & advanced spatial analysis.
- Background knowledge and experience with SAR/Microwaves technologies
- Additional knowledge in Hydrology/Soils/Signal processing/Image processing.
- Additional languages proficiency.