ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. Come work at a place with true impact on the lives of millions. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites or aircraft platforms to detect soil moisture underground with applications for infrastructure in the markets of water utilities, transportation, and property management.
ASTERRA R&D department seeks a highly motivated, responsible, curious individual who is willing to solve complex problems. The selected applicant will be a part of the ASTERRA R&D Algorithm Development team leading the company core technology. Among responsibilities the applicant will work on microwave signal processing & participate in cutting edge remote sensing algorithmic research.
- MSc. degree in Geophysics or similar geo-sciences with demonstrated proficiency of advanced geophysical methods and concepts related to remote sensing.
- Python programming experience (or equivalent similar languages).
- High English proficiency (writing, speaking & reading).
- Independent thinker & problem solver in a team environment with a strong communication skills.
- Background knowledge and experience with Image processing.
- Background knowledge and experience with Microwaves/SAR technologies.
- Background and experience with advance GIS (ARCGIS, QGIS) technologies and advanced spatial analysis.
- Background and experience in Remote sensing (ERDAS, ENVI, GDAL) technologies and raster analysis.
- Background or experience in soil geophysics.
- Additional knowledge in Hydrology & Soils.
- Experience with MATLAB and other programming languages.
- Additional languages proficiency