ASTERRA is a successful earth observation start-up company specializing in SAR analytics. ASTERRA has developed unique cutting-edge technological solutions exploiting radar satellite imagery for different industries and infrastructures.
The ASTERRA R&D department is seeking a resourceful and independent engineer motivated to tackle hard problems as part of our Data Science team. The selected applicant will have the opportunity to make an impact using ASTERRA’s data on the company AI strategy and implementation, and a contribution to global sustainable development goals.
- Take full-lifecycle ownership of DataOps in support of the Data Science team.
- Design, build and maintain data processing and ETL pipelines.
- Model and harmonize geospatial imagery and semi/structured data from different sources.
- Collaborate beyond the team and department, serving as the technical focal point for all things Data at ASTERRA.
- Drive monetization on ASTERRA’s various types of proprietary data.
- Strengthen ASTERRA’s data capabilities, sharing your knowledge with your peers.
- 1 year industry experience in data engineering or backend development.
- 1 year industry experience developing in Python and scripting in SQL.
- 1 year industry experience working with developer tools such as Git and Docker.
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team.
- Proclivity for learning and a growth mindset.
- Academic degree in a relevant field in the sciences or engineering.
- Familiarity with ML Engineering, DevOps, and MLOps.
- Experience working with applied researchers.
- Experience working with remote sensing libraries and geospatial databases.
- Experience using cloud service providers such as AWS.
- Open-source contributions demonstrating the above
🏠 Hybrid office/remote workdays
🍱 Monthly lunch budget
🏋️♀️ Paid gym membership
💵 1000₪ home office furnishing budget
🌍 International in-office culture
🏞️ ESG impact