ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. Come work at a place with true impact on the lives of millions. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites or aircraft platforms to detect soil moisture underground with applications for infrastructure in the markets of water utilities, transportation, and property management.
The ASTERRA R&D department is seeking a resourceful and independent engineer with high motivation to work as part of our Data Science team. The selected applicant will have the opportunity to make an impact using ASTERRA’s data on the company AI development and contribution to global sustainable development goals.
- Develop and maintain database queries and scripts, in support of ongoing data operations.
- Model, structure, and harmonize data from different satellites and other data sources.
- Design and build data ingestion and transformation pipelines involving on-prem and cloud-based databases and imagery file servers.
- Monitor and maintain data quality
- Proficiency in programming in Python and SQL.
- A mindset for science, learning, and growth.
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments such as AWS.
- Familiarity with geospatial databases such as PostGIS, and geospatial libraries such as GDAL, GeoPandas, and Rasterio