ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. Come work at a place with true impact on the lives of millions. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites or aircraft platforms to detect soil moisture underground with applications for infrastructure in the markets of water utilities, transportation, and property management. ASTERRA prioritizes work-life balance, and employees take advantage of a hybrid work environment with a portion of their time working remotely from home.
Join our earth observation team, focusing on the entire portfolio of products supporting infrastructure condition assessments and sub-terranean soil moisture monitoring across public and private utilities in North America and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. The role will focus specifically on subterranean earth monitoring of roads, highways, rail, earthen dams and property management in the North American markets.
As the new product Business Development Manager in North America, you will actively manage and grow the new and soon to be launched products managing infrastructure at the utility level and executed by AEC firms within North American. ASTERRA’s unique technology allows for identification of subterranean water via satellite imaging technology (specifically Synthetic Aperture Radar, SAR). This provides a tool in system condition assessments, and earth observation and monitoring services. You must be experienced in managing new applications as a lead in understanding markets, adoption of technology.
You should have extensive experience in supporting new applications in new markets while working with AEC / Consulting Engineering companies with direct responsibilities managing and directing sales activities to achieve set sales and profit goals for North America. You will lead aggressive networking and marketing of ASTERRA solutions to industrial level clients reporting to the NA V.P. of Business Development with the support of the ASTERRA marketing team, as well as work with designated partners within your region. These partners will include direct utility sales as well as with consulting engineering firms and water software assessment providers. Leading business and client development tasks, including sales meetings and presentations, proposal development, and solution consulting will also be part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
You should be an experienced sales professional, prepared to work independently on vast and impactful industrial sized water leak remediation projects. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you.
Location is San Diego, CA USA – preferred, working remotely, an option.
The desired qualifications for this position are:
- Degree in Business Management and\or relevant Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar position/ sales.
- Commercial client contacts in designated region (East/West) within North America.
- Ability to travel extensively within designated region in order to pursue the development of Utilis.
The successful candidate will possess these skills:
- Experience and knowledge as a new business development manager working with AEC / Consulting Engineering firms.
- Survey and recommend application need while influencing product development.
- Technical aptitude and presentation skills.
- Cross-functional understanding and capable (R&D, sales, marketing, finance, operations)
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully interact with different types of customers.
- Capability to work independently.
- Ability to define work plans and set sales targets (aggressive but reachable).
- Understanding of industrial level water loss challenges is a bonus.