ASTERRA is a successful earth observation company, based on Utilis technology, with headquarters in Israel and offices in the USA and UK. Come work at a place with true impact on the lives of millions. ASTERRA uses synthetic aperture radar (SAR) data from satellites or aircraft platforms to detect soil moisture underground with applications for infrastructure in the markets of water utilities, transportation, and property management. ASTERRA prioritizes work-life balance, and employees take advantage of a hybrid work environment with a portion of their time working remotely from home.
Join our earth observation team, focusing on the entire portfolio of products supporting infrastructure condition assessments, leak detection and sub-terranean soil moisture monitoring across public and private utilities in North America and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. The roll will focus specifically on AEC / Consulting Engineering firms contract and projects in the North American markets.
We are looking for a candidate who wants to work in an exciting, dynamic environment using the latest technology to improve the world we live in. The Engineering Director will be a focal point for winning and delivering new projects with our AEC / Consulting Engineer partners while making sure that existing projects deliver the benefits our customers expect.
You should have extensive experience in the consulting engineer environment with direct responsibilities for commercial project delivery and technical sales activities. You will lead aggressive networking and marketing of ASTERRA solutions to industrial level clients reporting to the NA V.P. of Business Development with the support of the ASTERRA marketing team, as well as work with designated partners within your region. These partners will include direct utility sales as well as with consulting engineering firms and water software assessment providers. Leading business and client development tasks, including sales meetings and presentations, proposal development, and solution consulting will also be part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
You should be an experienced engineer with technical sales ability, prepared to work independently on vast and impactful industrial sized asset condition assessment and remediation projects. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you.
Location is San Diego, CA USA – preferred, working remotely, an option.
The desired qualifications for this position are:
- Engineer Degree and / or Business Management qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the consulting engineer environment.
- Commercial client contacts in designated region (East/West) within North America.
- Ability to travel extensively within designated region in order to pursue the development of Utilis.
The successful candidate will possess these skills:
- Experience and knowledge of selling and delivering technical projects.
- Understanding of the engineering marketplace and opportunities.
- Technical aptitude and presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully interact with different types of customers.
- Capability to work independently.
- Ability to define work plans and set targets (aggressive but reachable).
- Understanding of the water industry is a bonus.